What information do I need for my life insurance exam?
The life insurance exam is a simple part of the application process. Your exam will only take 15-20 minutes depending on required services, and can be completed at your home.
Use the checklist below to ensure a positive experience throughout this journey.
A personal history interview may be required and may be completed over the phone or at the time of your exam appointment. Please have the following information available:
- Names and dosages of current medications
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of any doctors or clinics visited in the last five years
- List of medical conditions or diagnoses including date diagnosed, treatment, result of treatment, and treating physician information
- Health insurance member identification numbers for any current health insurance policies (for health insurance applications only)
Next, in order to achieve optimal results, please do the following prior to your life insurance exam appointment:
- Bring a picture ID to the appointment
- Limit salt and high-cholesterol foods 24 hours prior to the exam
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages for at least 12 hours prior to your appointment
- Avoid strenuous exercise 12 hours prior to the examination
- Limit caffeine and nicotine one hour prior to your appointment
- Drink a glass of water one hour prior to the appointment
- Provide any history of problems associated with providing a blood sample
- Get a good night of sleep prior to the examination
- Have any application paperwork that you’ve received available and ready for the examiner unless otherwise instructed by your agent